Wednesday, May 11, 2005

May Flowers

I've been ripping out foliage. There was some sort of bush/prairie growth at the end of our new porch and it HAD TO GO! At one point, I started to growl at it because it was fighting to stay rooted. Nina came over and helped (growling) and it eventually came out. The porch looks a lot better now and I've still got the left side to finish.

This is the new me - Mr. Domestic. Jennie will probably scoff if she reads this, but it's slowly hitting me that this is the castle and I'm in charge of making it look nice. I'm going to give it a few months before I suggest my other dream - a moat. We're no longer under the martial law of the Chesapeake Commons Homeowner's Association and our neighbors don't seem to mind anything. It's great in Sugar Grove! Well, we could use one actual bar in town. That would be nice.

So, I got all motivated and started edging all the concrete with the new weed whacker (thanks, dad!) and ran out of gas. Then, to keep the momentum going, I decided to switch to mowing the grass with our new mulching mower (thanks, Jackie!) and broke the pull cord. Then, clouds began to swell and the wind picked up considerably. I can take a hint. So, we have some hairy sidewalks, a line where the jungle starts in the backyard, and a new gas can. [I used the extra time to get to what must be the final few parts of Halfile 2.]

0 comments:

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP