Thursday, May 26, 2005

No Rest for the Wicked

I guess I complain a lot. I'd rather be busy all the time than have nothing to do, but it seems like every summer is chock full of wall-to-wall weekends and tight schedules. This poses the problem of having to choose between multiple, important events. This weekend, for instance, we were invited to attend a party by our neighbors and also invited to my cousin's birthday party in Wisconsin. We *want* to do both, of course, but we've decided to go with the neighbors this time because they asked first. (Plus, we were just in WI last weekend - it's a lot of driving.)

Next weekend, BigDrag is scheduled to play another outdoor party at my friend Marty's house. We played a pig roast there two years ago and it was pretty fun. Meanwhile, I'm working on getting the music together for a wedding. I'll have to try to schedule at least one band meeting before then. (That's our second gig in June.)

One of these weekends, we'd like to start unpacking the rest of our boxes. I can't wait until we can actually pull cars into the garage. That should be a couple of days worth of work. Then there's all the stuff to hang (pictures, shelves, etc.) We also have a bunch of landscaping we want to do - someday.

1 comments:

olddogdk 9:08 PM  

Cool! We have a gig!

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP