Memorial Day
It really was a day for remembering. I got a call from my friend Bob this morning wishing me a happy Memorial Day. Seemed like an odd sentiment, but then we discussed how lucky we were to have had grandfathers that didn't die in war (my dad, too) and how this is a great country. Then Jennie and I (and my family) went to Chocolate Fest. I got a free mini-Crunch bar and a mini-100 Grand bar and that was about all. We saw racing boats and I got a bag of spicy sausage bits. Jennie got her picture taken with a giant, walking newspaper. Not bad for the first fest of the season.
On the way home, Jennie and I heard a bunch of old punk on the radio. There's a local college station that has a show called "Vinyl Destination" where they only play punk/underground from the late 70's through early 90's. It was great - Naked Raygun, the Dickies, and the Modern Lovers. I forgot about the Modern Lovers until just today. Then, I did a little searching at www.allmusic.com and remembered Out of Order. They did a song called Gotham City way back before the first Batman movie was released.
I think it was a fairly successful Memorial Day.


0 comments:
Post a Comment