More Cool Things
I forgot a couple of my real favorite things in the last post:
Google - now with maps and satellite images of everything. The site is so un-complicated and there's very little advertising clutter. Muy bien.
Trillian - I use Trillian because some of my friends IM with AOL, some use Yahoo, some even use MSN (?) so I can see them all on one consolidated buddy list with Trillian. Plus, it's simple and easy to use and there are neat-o skins for it. (My IM windows look like old LCD displays.)
Musicmatch - all the stuff I do with MP3s and music files in general I do with Musicmatch. I know there are better players, rippers, burners, etc. but this one has it all and (again) it's free.
SBC Yahoo - I never thought I'd get behind any SBC venture, but this DSL service has been fast, cheap and (out of control) pretty consistent.
I take this stuff for granted but I use these every day - a lot. Another thing I'd shill is my computer. I also had a bad feeling about eMachines for years but read pretty fair reviews of this "desktop replacement" with an Athlon 64 chip. It's been great and you can get it (refurbished) at TigerDirect for under $1000 now! Here's the link. The only known problem is that the hinge for the monitor has a tendency to crack, but that's covered under warranty. I got an extended warranty directly from eMachines just in case.


0 comments:
Post a Comment