We're in!
It's been a few weeks now and we have unloaded a lot of boxes already. It's funny how clear the difference in, say, cabinet space becomes apparent when you move. I would have thought we had already unloaded all the dishes but then three more "Kitchen" boxes appeared. The most important stuff is getting into place, though, so it's all the extra stuff that's slow in emerging. It'll probably be a while before we're settled completely. It's all worth it so far.
Nina loves it, too. She's had a lot of energy since we moved. I'm sure some of that is just residual stress working its way out of her hyper little system, but she gets exercise right in her own yard now. There are rabbits that have not yet learned who rules that space and dogs in surrounding yards.
Speaking of yards, I've now got a minor obsession going with landscaping. I'd really like to rip out all of the old foliage, save the nice stuff, mulch the rest and start from scratch. It'll take more money and lots of work, but I plan to spend some serious time in our yard. I'm sure everyone says that at first...


0 comments:
Post a Comment