Wednesday, May 07, 2008

No Health Care For You!

Just kidding - you can still get health care. (If you can afford it.) But, there's a bill that just (unanimously) passed through congress that, had it not passed, would have allowed your genetic pre-disposition for certain ailments to determine whether you could be covered or not.

It's amazing to me that this was even a consideration and I'm glad congress essentially squashed the notion. It's a free country, after all. I didn't read through the bill or anything, but I'd bet good money that there was no provision for someone with stellar genetics to get a discount. Here's a news piece on the issue:



As previously noted, the only dissenting voice was Ron Paul. WTF?

0 comments:

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP