Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Naming Rights

I've been posting on a number of forums as "Assoctw" for quite a few years now. My friend Keith came up with it during my first stint at this writing job way back when. (It's short for Associate Technical Writer.)

Anyhow, I'm getting tired of it, both as a screen name and a job title. I'm bucking for a promotion (8 years overdue, but I left the company for 5) and would like to create a new "name" for myself online.

Here are some I've been playing around with:

- Cheesoning (a.k.a. dairy spice - I guarantee it's real.)
- C-Borg (you know, like cyborg but geared toward my actual name.)
- ChrisB274 (not sure how many CHRISBs already exist, but probably a lot.)
- Borresen (my last name and also the name of my photo stream.)
- Chris Borresen (my full, actual name. No chance it's already taken.)
- Your suggestions (please tell me them.)

I'll probably adopt the winning vote for use in a number of online places, like Flickr or Muxtape. Some are too embedded to change, like del.icio.us, but I'm going to consolidate the rest, I think. So, YOUR VOTE COUNTS!

***Disclaimer - I have the final, overriding vote, otherwise I'm sure my new name would be Richard Penistits.***

7 comments:

DC Liar 9:45 AM  

Here's a few off of the top of my head:
- IL Adviser
- Hell Fryer
- Big Cush
- Action Drag, P.H.D.
- The Blogger Formally Known as Assoctw
- Beer'n'Obama
- First Lieutenant Wiggles
- FT (Not associated with the Financial Times)
-Beat On the Bratwurst
- Clever Screen Name #847
- Better than EdP

bigsoda 10:19 PM  

I'll offer up:

- Lunchboxx
- MayorOfActionCity
- SugarGrovesTokenBlackGuy
- Hovercraft
- MyOtherDogIsGay
- NoMoreClams
- Schmectar
and
- BetterThanEdP

Chris B. 6:40 AM  

I'm sensing a trend...

P-Dizzle 12:56 PM  

Chorizo Borrezo
Chrizzbie
Jesus H. Chris
Better than EdP
Son of a Borre
The New Dog


and

L'il 'Stoph's

Chris B. 1:36 PM  

I like son of a Borre. That's good stuff...

Chris B. 12:54 PM  

That's not bad, either, Michael.

Hey Devin, the only problem with myotherdogisgay is that they're both gay. You didn't notice that Nina is a little butch for a bitch? (Or were you talking about the Old Dog?)

:)

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP