Friday, March 07, 2008

All Thom Yorke Considered

I posted a while back about a great multimedia interview where David Byrne discusses the creation of music with Thom Yorke for Wired Magazine. Great, heady stuff that didn't get pretentious (and very well could have).

At lunch today, I somehow ended up at the All Songs Considered site and listened to Bob Boilen (host) discuss music with Thom Yorke. Another great interview. The Weird Al Yankovich interview is pretty good, too. I never realized how much he reminds me of one Wm. T. Garver - huge, eclectic music knowledge in both, with a penchant for the odd.

I recommend digging around the All Songs Considered site a bit. It's been reformatted since I was there last and it's easier to navigate with lots of great music and discussions about music.

1 comments:

edP,  8:41 PM  

Thom Yorke ruled as quest DJ - I picked up on some cool records - WHEN I COULD UNDERSTAND WHAT THE FUCK HE WAS SAYING

I am so lame

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP