Wednesday, March 26, 2008

On the Local Front

Why hasn't anyone mentioned the shuttering of Dirty Ralph's in DeKalb? Am I that out of the loop or is that not historic? Next thing you know, the Grotto will disappear. I hadn't been there in a while, but I miss It's Greek to Me, too. Damn.

6 comments:

big sky 7:35 PM  

And Marie's Lebanese. And Sgt. Pepper's. And The Junction Book Room. And Vagabond. And Mr. Crums. By the way, thanks a TON for the camera!!!!!! Way cool that now I can have it stay at school- you rock!

edP 8:56 PM  

I hope it's gone underground...and Chris, how many cameras do you have? You're a regular Annie Leibowitz

Spelling? Jeanz? Fran Leibowitz? Anybody???

jjwiseman 9:47 PM  

Aw, big sky, I miss all those.

Please tell me that PJ's Red Hots, Tom & Jerry's and Northern Lights live on somewhere.

bigsoda 6:09 AM  

I know Tom and Jerry's lives on at Harlem Irving Plaza mall. I miss Jitlada... and the Grotto.

Chris B. 8:04 AM  

No problemo on the camera - more room to rock in the basement.

Tom & Jerry's is still in the "new" spot by John St. and PJ's Red Hots has turned into the Courthouse Tavern in Sycamore. Northern Lights is long gone, too, since there's a Border's AND Barnes and Noble in DeKalb now.

P-Dizzle 8:32 AM  

I'll always look back fondly on my days of terrorizing and prank calling Ralph's.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP