Tuesday, March 04, 2008

More Obama

Here's another reason why I like Obama. The hope he speaks of is not sugary, bloated hope, it's realistic. More importantly, he's already doing the stuff he is talking about doing as president. His campaign has been about gathering up the masses using all kinds of tools - television appearances, internet, print news, and the rest.

I appreciate that it's been a respectful campaign thus far, too. Limited negativity (seems to be in response to attacks when it occurs, and he lets out just enough to remind everyone that he can fight) and no "robo-calls" thus far. I got four separate phone calls spewing vile from the 14th district candidates fighting to replace Denny Hastert on Saturday. I don't want either of them to win!

Here's a clip from the Cleveland debate - it seems like Hillary is in awe of him while he speaks:

They painted her as the victim on Saturday Night Live but the truth is - she just doesn't seem that energetic. Her comedy bit on SNL was totally dry and awkward. I get the impression that she's too entrenched to bail now but she'd probably like to go back to a nice, private seat on some corporate board. I hope she gets her wish!

2 comments:

Moderator,  2:31 PM  

You've gotten phone calls for the 14th? Not me!

Chris B.,  7:14 PM  

You must be getting the bountiful hate mail, right?

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP