More Interesting Stuff
Here's a link to an excellent article about the state of the music industry. I've always liked David Byrne. Whether you like his music or not, he makes good points and conducts a nice interview, I must say.
Here's more with Thom Yorke regarding the release of In Rainbows. Yorke is refreshingly unpretentious and self-aware, although I think he's always seemed that way. Anyhow, he's not anti-music industry, just prescient enough to know that he could work around it, then utilize it down the road. He's also aware that the industry machine helped to put him in the position to be able to do this. Good presence of mind, I'd say.
[credit to BoingBoing.net for exposing me to both articles.]
I have a bit of a cold going this week. Today, it feels like my brain is a tiny ball of cognition in the center of a thickly padded, overstuffed head. It feels opposite of "out-of-body" where I'm further within than normal. It's like there's a five-inch barrier between my nerves and my skin. Figures, almost the exact minute I turn in final paperwork before the break, I start to fall apart.
If I don't make it to the Townie Christmas party or see you in the short term, have a Merry Christmas and a spectacular 2008.
~Chris


0 comments:
Post a Comment