Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Update, Bloody Update

So, I've been a little buried under a work deadline. It's stressful, but the good kind of stress that motivates me - not the crippling kind. I got my stuff done on the deadline (Nov. 30) and that day, at 4:00 PM, we got word that the deadline had slipped after all. So, back to the documents to make changes we deemed unnecessary for the original deadline.

Tomorrow is my new "drop-dead" date, but we'll see. I have made some significant changes in two of the six documents I manage and I need to have it all wrapped up by tonight. It might be a late night.

I also decided to get a jump on the New Year's resolutionists who will likely make the same month-long stand to get in shape this January by starting now. I pay a small pittance out of each paycheck to belong to the gym in our building. It's a pretty nice setup, actually, with tons of machines, three televisions, and trainers on hand all the time. I was too busy for the past few months to really focus on it, but I think I'm in a better spot now. So far, so good. Two weeks of steady progression and soreness.

My little wifey has started orientation on her CNA job (part time) which will add some income and give her some hands-on experience. It should also start the networking wheels in motion. Hopefully, by August, she'll already know where she wants to be. In the meantime, we'll probably see each other a lot less. It's a worthwhile sacrifice.

We have lots of plans to see friends and family in the next few weeks. I'm excited that there's some snow on the ground and it actually feels like winter this year. The ice I could do without, though. If we don't already have plans to meet, send me an e-mail and let me know what's doin'! Or, just comment on this post.

You'll notice that I haven't been doing much posting about the Bears lately. I think I'm in as much of a slump as they are. All I have to do is focus my attention on something else (like the following video) - not sure what they can do to pull out of it, though.

9 comments:

P-Dizzle 1:10 PM  

Thanks for the heads up on the British Audio Service. I'm being serviced as we speak.

Chris B. 1:22 PM  

Hey - no problem. You might pass along to them that Kate from Fat Cat Guitars was the source of the referral. You might want to check out Fat Cat yourself! Kate Darling (remember her from the Honey Girl?) is the proprietor. She swears by those guys.

auftn 3:49 PM  

Good to see you back. Me was starting to get worried about ya.

Express congratulations to the wifey and wish her the best of luck!

(go-bears?)

Chris B. 3:54 PM  

Back at ya, auftn. I'll pass the message and I'm hoping for three losses, to be honest. We need the draft picks. Plus, it's not fair to put Orton in at this point. He's going to get clobbered in Minnesota on a Monday night and take a hit to his market value.

auftn 6:52 PM  

Dude...

I don't know nuffin' 'bout no football.

I was glad, though, that Grossman got put back. I think it should have been a game earlier. And I was banking on him getting banged up if the Bears did that. He needs to learn fortification.

And, frankly, I think he performed okay when he was in so it sucked that he got injured.

I really don't know anything about Orton, so I wish him no malice or ill will. But I don't want the (little b) bears to lose the rest. Sure, it would be strategic for drafts, but it would devastate what's already been built.

And, now that I think of it... perhaps that's what's needed.

On a serious (yet ridiculous) note, I was curious: Is there any reason why Hester couldn't stand to one side of a quarterback, on a long snap, and actually have it snapped to him instead and then do whatever he can do? Sure, it's an ugly sounding scenario, but is it plausible?

auftn 6:52 PM  

Dude...

I don't know nuffin' 'bout no football.

I was glad, though, that Grossman got put back. I think it should have been a game earlier. And I was banking on him getting banged up if the Bears did that. He needs to learn fortification.

And, frankly, I think he performed okay when he was in so it sucked that he got injured.

I really don't know anything about Orton, so I wish him no malice or ill will. But I don't want the (little b) bears to lose the rest. Sure, it would be strategic for drafts, but it would devastate what's already been built.

And, now that I think of it... perhaps that's what's needed.

On a serious (yet ridiculous) note, I was curious: Is there any reason why Hester couldn't stand to one side of a quarterback, on a long snap, and actually have it snapped to him instead and then do whatever he can do? Sure, it's an ugly sounding scenario, but is it plausible?

auftn 6:53 PM  

(sorry, i double posted. i'm still getting used to this laptop)

Chris B. 8:36 PM  

I'm right with you. I never want the Bears to lose, but I have been a fan long enough to see them win just enough games to get shitty picks year after year after year. It's only been the last four or five years where the picks (and trades) started making sense to me.

I think we saw flashes of Hester being a good possession receiver in the last game. There were a few pass plays in a row to him at the end of the game. If he were to learn some of the nuances of the position (ok, just the friggin routes), he could be good. Or, he could try to catch with his shoulder pads. (That seemed like a rookie mistake.)

The problem with the direct snap is the same problem Grossman has from the shotgun - the line collapses. I think a defensive tackle could get to Hester before he could get back to the line of scrimmage. Maybe he could make a play, or maybe he gets hit by some BIG dudes and pops a tendon. Then we have NO chance to score points. ;)

P-Dizzle 7:39 AM  

I did mention you and Fat Cat guitars as a reference.

They said "THE Chris B from right here in Sugar Grove!?" snapped right to attention and proceeded to shower me with brats and foot massages. You know--the usual when one name drops El Chorizo Borrizo of the "Fledge" blog.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP