Friday, August 04, 2006

What an Afternoon!

I'm currently composing this post on my laptop while sitting on my couch. Here's where it gets crazy - I'm actually operating my work computer remotely, so I'm actually writing this post at work (from home). I have 100% access of my work machine via a secure VPN, so all of the programs that I can use there but don't have a license for at home are now available - from my couch!

Why am I home, you ask? Someone had to be here when the satellite installer did his thing. You heard me right - we got Dish Network. Woo hoo!!

6 comments:

edP 10:32 PM  

Congrats. If the Bears end up being overrated you can ask for your money back.

Chris B. 10:36 AM  

I'm already dreading the injury report week to week.

P-Dizzle 11:37 AM  

Don't talk about it, you'll make it worse!!

Your writing-from-home-from-work Moebius strip e-existential exposition reminds me of a rap show I saw at Northern where the guy was giving shouts out to all the various ways of residing in Dekalb ("Dorms in the hoooouuse! Greek Row in the hoooouuse!") But my mind was blown when he finally got to "Apartments in the hooouse!" So that's awesome.

I don't know why it reminds me of that.

edP 8:31 AM  

What about people that live in houses?

P-Dizzle 3:15 PM  

I don't think they were in the house, sadly, because "houses in the house" would've surely trumped "apartments in the house."

Perhaps this rapper was operating on the assumption that if you live in the house, you must own it, and why would any homeowner be at a hip hop show?

Though I was indeed a homeowner, I wasn't offended because I claimed my propers when he gave shout-outs to Dekalb, NIU, and the various sides of "Chicago."

Kim 2:53 AM  

CHRISB!
I want FULL REPORT on hipster party last night. My damn phone wasn't RINGING.

"Details," as Bob-o would say.

I want details!

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP