Monday, August 14, 2006

Beer, Brats and Stories

The reading party was a success! We still had a pile of mulch on the driveway Saturday morning but we were able to get it distributed, get most of the house cleaned up (apologies to our boarders for the bathroom floors) and get the yard in shape for guests. Since we were in such a rush (it is our way), we didn't end up making much of the food we had planned. It looked like we still had enough. I never got the speakers wired up for the patio, either.

More importantly, we got in some basketball, cornhole (the bean-bag game) and heard some excellent writing which, in my humble estimation, was all worthy of publishing. Jeanne, who incited the gathering in the first place, was very impressive. Thanks to our pal from DC, the party kept on until the wee hours of the morning. Sorry if I babbled.

We'll probably want to do something like this again. If there's no major lawn reconstruction the week before, the bathroom floors might even get cleaned.

5 comments:

olddogdk 5:06 PM  

No, no, no! Leave the bathroom floors just the way they are!

I'm inclined now to suit up for some more serious hoops.

Lady Di )O( 7:38 PM  

I thought the party was fantastico!

But the floors COULD use more filth. Work on that...

kroushlconflict 8:44 PM  

sounds like a blaaaaast!

Sorry we missed it.

Kim 2:26 AM  

Thank you for the details, Chrisb.

Can you have another the first Columbus Day weekend, when I HOPE we'll be there?

You should, because after all: The Pinta, THE NINA, The Santa Maria.

Nina deserves it, don't you think???

Chris B. 6:00 AM  

Nina did some top-notch behaving at the party. That's the first time I saw her calm around a kid.

Some other details - Booker's is pretty good. On a related note, if there's a strain of West Nile in the area, I'd know. We counted nearly 30 mosquito bites on ONE FOOT. I never felt them happening. So, in summary: Booker's = good. Booker's + Lithuanian vodka = priceless. Mosquitos = bad. The lesson? I need to wear socks when I drink outside.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP