What Happened?
I think we have to start looking at coaching here. Sure, our wide receivers are average to below-average, but play after play last night was just poorly selected and poorly executed. The Bears always talk about having a plan going into the game. I think the plan needs to become more fluid. I also think we need an offensive coordinator that not only makes better calls, but takes responsibility for getting the entire offense ready for a game. I don't believe we have that now.
Cutler is a franchise-quality quarterback, and the offensive line is nowhere near as porous as they were last year or the year before. So, the onus is on the wide receivers (who seem to make catches when/if they can get open and there's not much contest for the ball) and the coordinator (who seems to be locked in a futile and poorly-conceived playbook) to step up.
It's only the first game, but we've already lost two linebackers and some confidence in the offense. Next up, Pittsburgh, who show no signs of letting up after their championship season. If we lose at home, even to the Steelers (no shame there), it'll deflate the season.


0 comments:
Post a Comment