Monday, August 24, 2009

Bears Saturday

Saturday, we got home from a great lunch with the family just in time to watch Jay Cutler sling some bombs. I like that Aromajojojuniorshabadoo kid. Good hands.

One thing people don't talk much about is how we have what appears to be the best TE lineup in the NFL. I'm considering Kellen Davis in the mix as he appears to be the solid third guy. Olsen is the phenom TE/receiver, Clark is the seemingly flawless veteran, and Davis is the battering ram who, incidentally, has pretty good hands. Last year, someone asked Olsen in an interview who the best blocker on the offense was, and he picked Davis because he is freaky strong and knows where to position himself.

I was encouraged by the defense Saturday night, too. The names are mostly different (especially in the secondary) but it sure does look like the defense of old, where guys were allowing a catch here and there, but punishing the guy who made the catch. After a couple of those hits, the receivers start thinking about it.

Urlacher has talked about being healthy again this year, training instead of rehabbing in the off season, and after he got shrugged off by the freight train known as Brandon Jacobs, he didn't miss on his second opportunity. That was a solid, through-traffic crushing hit at the line - vintage Urlacher.

The key here is that these are all mixes of guys to see what works in game situations and what doesn't. When the real season starts, I feel like we have a solid team on both sides of the ball. Can't wait to open it up against the Packers.

2 comments:

Gunderstorm 1:22 PM  

Caught the game at the Liar's pad. Sorry buddy.

We both remarked about Urlacher adjusting against Jacobs. That was awesome!

Very surprised you didn't drop a little Hanie "I told you so". He looked damn good.

Chris B. 1:30 PM  

No problem. I ended up getting home just in time to catch it, anyhow. It's a lot of traveling for a pre-season game.

Yeah, we have a solid backup (who probably should have gotten some snaps last year, too).

I'm dusting off the Urlacher jersey, and if Saturday was any kind of indication, I might be investing in a Forte, too.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP