Monday, November 10, 2008

Lots of Interesting Info

I spent some time this morning culling info from a number of sources. My pal Kevin posted a list of things you may not know about Obama. (The lefty thing eluded me this whole time.)

My friend Kate posted this image which made me chuckle: Obama Pictures and McCain Pictures
see Sarah Palin pictures

I heard on the morning news that Bush was walking the Obamas through the White House this morning, a month earlier than is traditional. It's interesting that this will be the first presidential family with small kids since the Kennedys.

And, not to be spiteful, but I want to continue to remember lies that were used to chip at Obama's character during this election. I want the Republicans to consider how lying and distorting worked in reality. When the "swift boat" slander campaign tore down a veteran, I don't believe there was ever contrition for the nasty tactics, because they won. But they didn't, really, because that election put their Achilles heel back into office, only to basically submarine the popularity of their party in general.

This campaign was designed not to show the benefits of McCain and his many years of distinguished service (which is what ultimately separated him from Romney, Huckabee, and the rest, IMHO). Instead, they relied on bumper-sticker slogans and bulldog attacks to try to make Obama look like a terrorist, a terrorist sympathizer, a criminal, and a liar. While it's not impossible that any of this is true, it's so very unlikely that it seems ridiculous. And it continues. I saw some crappy blog about how the colors the Obamas chose to wear symbolize hatred. It actually linked them with Nazis. It's wrong on so many levels.

Anyhow, it didn't work this time. It shouldn't have worked last time, and I sincerely hope that this type of negative and attack-style campaigning ends. Although I presume it won't.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  9:01 AM  

I read Kevin's list and I couldn't help but think of my daughter's teeny-bopper magazines (10 things you never knew about Nick Jonas, etc.).

Chris B. 9:33 AM  

Agreed. It's puffery, but so is 90% of my blog. :)

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP