Friday, November 07, 2008

First Pitch

Well, there's a new Chief of Staff already, and apparently there's an economic summit with some of the leading financial and industrial minds in the country happening in Chicago right now. But it was this story that made me laugh this morning:
Obama's initial agenda: White Sox '09 first pitch?

"They were 0-1 at the time, but they won eight straight," Obama told the Chicago Tribune in 2005. "I'm not saying there is a correlation, but I e-mailed [White Sox chairman Jerry] Reinsdorf and said if they start getting in a jam, my arm was rested. I was ready to go."


In other news, the Illinois Lottery Pick Three came up 666 the day after Obama was elected. I'm surprised there wasn't more news on this, although I imagine people are preparing themselves for the rapture.


Also, more reasons why I hate news and politics - there was a flood of posts on the outing of Sarah Palin by McCain staffers yesterday. I think the Katie Couric interview was enough for me, thanks. I didn't care for Mrs. Palin, but let's give it a rest already. Time to start thinking about how things can get better.

0 comments:

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP