Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Slightly More Serious

The spin machine is already working hard for the Republicans, labeling Sarah Palin as a "renegade" and "reformer". I haven't heard much validation of either, or why those traits would help a Vice President to be effective. Interestingly, I heard both terms about Palin from my mother-in-law before I even heard them on television. Proof positive that repetitious talking points work. In this regard, Karl Rove is a genius.

On the other hand, I heard that Karl Rove referred to Joe Biden as a "doofus" recently. I wonder if he's seen himself in this video:



Also, my first reaction to the fact that Palin's daughter is five months pregnant was "why does this matter? It's their business." Then, the hypocrisy started coming clear. First, an unmarried 17-year-old daughter didn't get pregnant by artificial insemination, I'm guessing. Can Palin even manage her own family?

Second, it's insulting to everyone that they are touting the fact that the daughter is keeping the baby and Palin kept her baby that has Down Syndrome. I'm not sure if this is Republican, pro-life, or just media spin, but the supposition is that in both cases, anyone else might have aborted those babies. Of course they're keeping their babies. They're supposed to keep their babies. Pro-choice doesn't mean using abortion as a rule of thumb.

The fact that McCain and crew have been busting Obama's chops (including talking about Biden's quotes regarding "learning on the job") for his "lack of experience" makes Palin a hypocritical choice. If experience is really any kind of criteria, McCain has already nullified his own running mate with his own rhetoric. You must consider that a V.P. might have to run the country, right?

I think the Republicans must have developed a hanging iChad.

4 comments:

Moderator 3:53 PM  

Seems like they didn't vet McCain's runningmate as much as they should have.

DC Liar 11:54 PM  

If she woulda just started aborting from the get-go she wouldn't be in this inopportune mess 17 years down the road.
---

My NRCC contacts are telling me that McCain had picked Lieberman, and that the R-party just wouldn't stand for it, so there was a bit of a scramble to find a simpatico fit.

From a political standpoint, I think she did a good job tonight. That speech was do or die for her.

Chris B. 5:23 AM  

She didn't wilt, but I wasn't expecting any wilting from a renegade maverick. She's a tough, plucky hockey mom with a special needs kid and a kid going into the military. (Wait, this sounds like a sitcom.)

wouldpkr 3:59 PM  

Here we go...

Amazing Letter From a Local Wasillian Who Knows Sarah Palin Well.

From: http://www.washingtonindependent.com/3671/the-reform-candidate
Submitted by Michael Wrightson on Sept 1, 2008

http://my2bucks.wordpress.com/2008/09/02/a-letter-from-someone-who-has-known-sarah-palin-since-1992/

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP