Go You White Sox!
I may not have a Sox hat (never won one for free, which is why I have the Cubs hat) but I still consider myself a fan. I watched every minute of every playoff game during their run to the World Series. I love seeing Chicago teams in playoffs of any kind. I even got back into the Bulls a little a few years ago.
I am NOT a fan of Minnesota teams. Nothing against MN in general, but their teams are maddening. The Vikings are slated to be the division champs every year before the season starts, and they flame out fairly shortly afterward. The Timberwolves attempted to sap the life force from Kevin Garnett, and the year he moved to Boston, he got his first championship. The Twins are no different.
Nobody will deny the preparation and skill that the Twins employ throughout their organization. They are the prototypical "grinders" year in and year out. My great hope is that Detroit shares my distaste for the Twins and lays down tonight. Then, it'll be a shootout between MN and Chicago for the win. That would be really exciting.
I admit that if it came down to an all-Chicago World Series, I would probably pull for the Cubs because they've done a great job this year and it's been 100+ years. I'd say they are due. Until that point, I'll be pulling for the Sox, too. This has been a great year for baseball fans.


0 comments:
Post a Comment