Saturday, September 13, 2008

More of Why I Like Obama

The man had a good job working for the state of Illinois, then became a senator for the state. But, he became a household name after a speech he gave, not because he was black, not because he was a skilled actor, but because he had a good message for the people of this country who had been getting bad news for a long, long time.

Later, he sold the shit out of a book based on the same philosophies on life, patriotism, and history's significance in current events. These positive, hopeful ideas are popular. I can speak for myself when I say I am tired of being disappointed by the president. I'm tired of seeing embarrassing clips of botched or bungled diplomacy. I'm really ready for an eloquent, respectful, and learned president who will make us look good for a change.

0 comments:

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP