Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Why I Remain Baseball Agnostic

Yesterday only reinforced why it's plenty to follow the Bears. The Cubs and Sox only double and triple the disappointment. I watched both teams battle during the late innings of their games. There were heroric performances, then dismal defeats after all. Thome hitting two, two-run blasts was awesome, but the crowd chanting Fu-ku-do-me at Wrigley was pretty cool, too. His first U.S. MLB pitch put him on the radar, and his three-run homer in the bottom of the ninth (vs. Gagne, no less) made him an instant legend. Unfortunately, there's something mythically wrong with Chicago sports, so opening day was a double bummer.

I'll be happy to jump on a bandwagon if either team takes off this year, but until that happens, when's the draft?

3 comments:

edP 3:58 PM  

Everybody loves sports for different reasons. I find the events and moments of baseball endlessly fascinating. I know this sounds stupid but there is so much time spent waiting for something to happen that, when something finally does happen - it's sort of like a miracle.

edP 3:59 PM  

I know I sound like a jazz idiot "listen to the notes they're not playing"

Chris B. 8:46 AM  

The only difference is that there are no playoffs in jazz. (Or in Chicago baseball, as it seems.)

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP