Monday, April 28, 2008

2008 Draft Results

Just before the draft, I saw some interviews with Jerry Angelo that made him seem smart. That was a good premonition, I thought. I have to say, the sports radio dudez are bagging his decisions, but offensive line and running back were the most pressing needs and we got one of each in the first two picks. I hope Chris Williams can have the same impact Joe Thomas did for Cleveland. If so, the QB controversy could be over in Chicago.

There's a clear and symbiotic relationship between the offensive line and the QB. If you list all of the great QBs in the history of the NFL, I'd bet that none of them had a mediocre offensive line. I'd also guess that a bunch of potentially great QBs have gone unnoticed and into obscurity behind lousy lines. So, instead of bringing in more meat for the Bears QB grinder, building a decent line and running game seems like a better idea.

Thus, I like how the Bears handled their picks this year. I am a little surprised with the wide receiver third since we seem to have a few already, but maybe Mike Hass sucks after all. Maybe we'll never know. And, I am a little disappointed that Ron Turner is still the Offensive Coordinator (the title is quite appropriate).

3 comments:

edP 6:06 PM  

So excited about the O-line guy from Vandie! Smart and he can pancake.

Chris B. 8:34 PM  

He said "I can't wait to start pushing guys into the dirt." That's what I'm talking about.

P-Dizzle 8:07 AM  

Don't we have a sports blog, guys?

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP