Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Fleetwood Mac

Am I the only one who likes them? There are a handful of Fleetwood Mac songs that, when I hear them, evoke a happy feeling in me. I realize how alternately crazy/lame that is, but it happens. It kicks in as soon as I hear the opening strains of whichever song it is. I'm assuming it's a result of overexposure to these songs while I was going through puberty or something. Either way, they affect me. I'd almost be interested in doing some sort of regression therapy to try to figure out what the association is.

Oh, maybe it's Stevie Nicks. She's a witch, right?

4 comments:

jjwiseman,  4:04 PM  

Yeah, Fleetwood Mac is too entangled in formative childhood memories for me to forsake them completely.

Driving in my dad's Toyota Land Cruiser with the roof off, at night, on the way back from getting ice cream. Looking up as we went under an overpass and seeing the lights. Don't quite remember the specific song, but let's just say it was The Chain.

P-Dizzle,  1:36 PM  

Some very smart songwriting and cool intricate production on those old tracks.

And don't forget, early Fleetwood Mac was a whole other ball of wax that gave us the awesome proto-metal "Green Manalishi."

Moderator,  11:13 AM  

I think "Rumors" is a really good album. Not sure about the rest.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP