Frontline - Bush's War
This past week, I watched a very interesting insight into the development and utter mismanagement of the war in Iraq. It's called Bush's War which is a little ironic, since the majority of the program shows how in-fighting and power struggles dictated the course of war as much or more than the president. In fact, he comes off looking like an outsider to the whole mess, really, even though the entire event will be attributed to him in the history books.
Speaking of history, I believe this series should be required viewing for anyone casting a vote this Fall. Keep in mind that the president not only has the power to declare war (and apparently to thwart the constitution), but also to put cabinet members in place who ultimately advise him (or her) on these world-changing decisions. While I've mentioned that I like this mix of candidates better than any I can remember, I'll be taking a deeper dive into how they manage others.
The entire show is available to view online by clicking on the link above. Please check it out and let me know what you think.


0 comments:
Post a Comment