Harbingers
On my way back from lunch, I discovered two new facts:
- Officially, this has been the driest summer in the history of Chicago (really)
- Weathermen are actually harbingers of the apocalypse
I was listening to a talk station I enjoy (primarily for the fart jokes) and they were interviewing a weather nerd from TV. He was positively giddy to describe the storm that was still a remnant of a hurricane pattern that will end up at the southern end of Lake Michigan. He also sounded utterly fascinated by the prospect that none of that water would make it to my house.
So, we have tsunamis, more hurricanes than ever this early in the year, the driest summer on record, turmoil in the Middle East, etc. And, at least for the storm stuff, weathermen are beside themselves with glee.


1 comments:
Your weatherman buddy would have been delighted over here last night--damn storm system came through about 4:30 PM and knocked out my power until almost midnight.
Post a Comment