Wednesday, June 08, 2005

It's Officially Summer in My Book

We watched "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou" last night and I did a quick web search for the Adidas shoes from the movie. Turns out I'm not the only one blogging about or searching for these shoes. Seems to be a mild phenomenon, actually. I can't imagine why Adidas wouldn't make them available for a short run - maybe only on the web, since I imagine the Wes Anderson demographic racing to Google (as I did) or eBay (as I did) or the Adidas site (as I did) to try to find them. Perhaps there's some sort of licensing snafu at play. It would, however, be one of the cooler product/movie ties yet (they're great shoes!)

The movie was great. I get the feeling that Wes is quite in touch with the fifth grader still in his head and now has the capacity to fully articulate his original notebook scribbles. I think that's what draws me to his movies. I think it's the same reason why I was disappointed in Napolean Dynamite. It went for the Wes Anderson aesthetic but didn't quite catch it. It was still funny, but not in the same way.

Since it hit 174 degrees this week, I was sweating during the whole movie, sitting still on the couch. We have been holding out on using the A/C because we have a bit more house now and it'll probably cost a lot. I couldn't take it last night, though, so the cool air was summoned. That knocked me right out.

0 comments:

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP