Sunday, November 29, 2009

Worse Than Expected

We've flip-flopped since the 2005 season. Back then, the Vikings kept drafting names and looking good in the pre-season and early games in the regular season, only to fade into obscurity on a house boat with hookers. Meanwhile, the NFL and Fox ignored the top defense in the league and a reasonable offense powered by a nearly unknown running back.

Back then, the Vikings looked good on paper but sucked by mid-season. The Bears got to the Super Bowl and took on Indy; you know the unfortunate end to that story. This year, it looks pretty obvious that the Vikings are going to win the North and probably the NFC. I don't like it, but that's the way it is. Looking at how resilient the Colts are, it would not surprise me if that was your 2010 Super Bowl matchup.

The absolute beating at the hands of the Vikings today was expected and unpleasant, but if the Vikings make it to the Super Bowl and beat the Colts, it's going to be a long, drunken winter.

I'm not through with the Bears, but if Lovie is back next year, I might not watch any games at all. Figures, too. This off season, I got a nice, flat-panel television with HD programming and a HD DVR so I could go through the games and analyze them. After the Pittsburgh game, I didn't see anything to analyze.

My prediction for the rest of the Bears season is that we'll get pounded by the Vikings one more time (even after it doesn't matter to them anymore) and Green Bay. At this point, I'd be surprised if we beat the Rams. The silver lining is usually the prospect of good draft picks on the back of the losing season, but we've already given those away to get Cutler.

Hopefully, one of the top-shelf coaches out there will be brought in and the Bears will admit the failures of this administration and just eat the remaining contracts. I'm willing to wait through another building year if we're actually building.

I just got done tearing out the floors in half of our house. It's painful and more difficult than it looks, but on Thursday, we'll have a new, hardwood floor that will look and work much better than what I just removed. Fine, I'm bragging a little, but also: allegory!

0 comments:

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP