Monday, July 27, 2009

It's Been Fun

I have decided that I will not be eating dessert until I hit 200 lbs. I've been hovering around 225-230 for about 10 years, and while it's been good times, it's time for a change.

I embarked on a diet last year and made a little progress, but that's not my long-term answer. I tried working out, and while that did make drumming easier and gave me some extra energy, that didn't drop the lbs, either. New plan is to combine the two. Ultimately, I'd prefer to be steady at 190, but my initial goal is 200 lbs before I eat any more dessert.

My friend John E. just got some startling health news and it has shaken me up a little. The thing is, you can get warnings all along, but you don't really consider the impact of the moment when you get news like that as you're ignoring the warnings. I'm still young, yet I'm riding the line on pre-hypertension and high cholesterol. I have an opportunity to see the signs and do something about it. And I'm willing.

And so, while this belly has been the source of some comedy and plenty of extra warmth in the winter, it's time to lose it. If you feel so inclined, throw some good thoughts John's way, too.

2 comments:

Niteowl 10:08 AM  

Awesome man, I got tons of tips as I'm on that path too.

One really good tip has been 'find somethign you like doing, and do it all the time'. I haven't found anything i like (biking, swimmign whatever). So i just something I marginally hate (p90x).

Moderator 10:20 AM  

I wish you luck!

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP