Tuesday, March 03, 2009

The Barber's Closet

A while back, I found and downloaded the entire drink menu and recipe book from the late Barber's Closet in Madison, WI (tip of the hat to Daniel Seliger). It was a modern speakeasy that you entered via a faux barber shop. You pulled on the wall and the facade opened to a dimly candle-lit room with cushy chairs and sofas and drapes everywhere.

The drink menu was an adventure that took more than one visit to even appreciate. Lots of the drinks were standards done right. Some were limited to no more than two in a night (although nobody really counted as far as I could tell). Some were works of art.

Anyhow, some of my TF2 compatriots have been throwing recipes back and forth, and I'm sure they would have loved the Barber's Closet. I also just got an e-mail back from an old pal who helped to forge some of my favorite memories of Madison. So here's to Mefightclub, Festering Bob, and awesome drinks by the boatload.

More on the Barber's Closet
Glasses are important to a good drink!

0 comments:

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP