ShirtsSoGood.com
This is a collection of t-shirts that I find amusing. I don't know if I'm a 100% left-wing liberal, but I do not feel as safe in my own country these days. It seems like George Orwell was only 20 years off in his predictions of how "Big Brother" would ultimately take over our collective mind and free will. I think I'm seeing the framework more clearly now than I did then. Orwell's story picks up where the government/corporation(s) are already fully entrenched. I got the feeling that there was never a hostile takeover or anything, just a slow and deliberate paradigm shift in which many people actively participated, unbeknownst to them.
Every day on the news there are items that read straight from Orwell's writings. Department of Homeland Security, for example. How about Choicepoint or Haliburton? I've noticed that there are now biometric (fingerprint) pay pads at the grocery store.
I'm sure there was a lot of this going into place since the cold war and before, but it sure is easy to place the blame on the current administration. There's just been so much that has gone wrong - not that I blame the government for a hurricane or anything, just what happened afterward. Black ops soldiers but no buses?
The government decides what you can see on tv or hear on the radio, whether you can smoke in a privately owned restaurant, if you're a terrorist or not, etc. It's getting pretty Orwellian. As for the t-shirts, I miss the simple scandal of a blow job in the oval office vs. a war (full of deaths) over greed and avarice.
From www.ShirtsSoGood.com:
To quote Slim Pickens: "Now what'll that asshole think of next?"


1 comments:
I agree with everything you wrote.
Question is: What do we DO?
Post a Comment