Thursday, October 27, 2005

New Resume

I've been getting a lot of questions about how my job search is going. It's going a little slowly. There are plenty of jobs, but I'm not trying to get just anything. I'd rather use this opportunity to find the right job and make a career move. I took much of September off just to get four years of account information and product double-speak out of my head.

Since I've been out of work, I've done a lot of relaxing, but I've been productive, too. However, it's closing in on two months away from work. I feel good, but I can tell that if I go much longer without some significant progress, a new stress will creep in - and I don't want that. It seems like a fairly rich job market right now which is encouraging. There's still a lot of competition, though, as people constantly work to upgrade their situations. The pitfall of living in such a populated area is that there are lots of jobs, but there are literally millions of people to apply for them.

I watched most of the MLB playoffs and all of the WS games and I was really proud of the White Sox for being such a unified team. The Marlins were that sort of positive force a few years ago as were the Red Sox last year. There's more than just skill and defense involved - it's a whole organization that's not afraid of anyone because they all trust each other. You can't stop that.

I do feel bad that there's such divisiveness in Chicago between North and South. I got to visit Wrigley Field while the Cubs were out of town this summer. There are tours of the park for ~$20 and you go through the clubhouse, press boxes, and under the bleachers which is really interesting. I never noticed that there are no billboards or advertisements in the park - unlike every other ballpark in the country. So, we've got the coolest place for baseball and just down the street we've got the best team in baseball. I guess I'm glad I live way out in the suburbs and refuse to pick a side.

2 comments:

olddogdk 6:26 PM  

I only make fun of Cub fans at work, because it makes them so mad. I could really care less. But, I've made-up a pretty convincing argument that Wrigley Field is just the largest capacity bar in Chicago, and that the team doesn't care about winning. I just let it be implied that only total losers are Cub fans. Maybe next year I'll take a cue from the real Sox haters and talk about how Sox fans are illiterate wife beaters.

On the job front: You hold out for King of the World, or Lizard King, whichever pays better.

edP 8:14 PM  

ChrisB'd be a far better Lizard King than Jim Morrison.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP