Friday, October 07, 2005

The Ghost of Birthdays Past

That's right, it was yesterday. According to my mom, it was officially at 1:16 in the afternoon. She apparently warned the doctor to stick around just before lunch, but he bailed anyhow. He probably had to give up half a sandwich to ensure my safe arrival.

Not to be a braggart, but I'm really excited about the present I got from my lovely wife yesterday. This is it: http://www.cowonamerica.com/products/iaudio/x5/. It's what they call in the chat rooms "an iPod killer". Aside from the normal storage and playback of every song I have, it also plays and records FM radio, records voice, shows pictures and plays movies! I have a huge nerd buzz going right now.

This is a busy month for us. Besides trying to find me a job, we have at least four birthdays, a wedding, our anniversary and a few people coming in from out of state to visit. So, if you call or e-mail and I don't get right back to you - that's why. :)

3 comments:

Angela 5:50 PM  

Happy Birthday Chris. Jennie's present looks like a nerd's dream come true. (Which means I'm sure Trent is salivating.)

Sidenote: I couldn't believe the pictures on your previous post. You had long hair and a faint mustache line thingy?????? WOW. I was freaking out this week because my boss on Oahu revealed that he used to have a ponytail and he drove a van. And that's how he snagged his wife. They took a cross-country trek in his van. Trippy.

olddogdk 6:10 PM  

NICE TOY! I've heard about that thing. I heard that it even adjusts your business for you when you get all batwinged.

Chris B. 10:26 AM  

Angela - before those pictures (jr. high) I sported a soccer rocker (mullet). I'm not ashamed to admit it. For the record, I was fairly well groomed by the time I met Jennie.

O.D. - it does not interfere with my "business" - even in the case of the dreaded batwing.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP