Snowing
Yesterday I was wearing shorts. Today's forecast is a high of 33 and a low of 14!! I've always thought that along with the possible ozone damage and global warming, possibly our man-made calendar system might just be fallible.
I was used to winter cshortly after school started as a kid. Now it starts just in time for Thanksgiving. Also, I remember finishing the school year wearing shorts. For the past few years, April has felt more like January than July.
So, maybe the hurricanes and tornadoes and all that are due to the ocean warming up a little, but I don't think the cold snap holding out until November and lasting through May are the same thing.
The cold weather came in on a massively blustery wind which tore shingles off my neighbor's roof and tossed our empty garbage cans all the way down the street. Our recycling bins were in the next-door neighbor's bushes. It's still blowing, and now I'm thinking that I might not have to cut down the dead poplar trees in our backyard after all. I just hope that if they fall, they do minimal damage.
Back to the job hunt...


0 comments:
Post a Comment