Lunch Time!
Here I am, at lunch, contemplating why people blog. I do it because it's here and I like to read what I think in print. And I may just be a full-on narcissist. Also, I need something other than work to do during lunch - this is free.
The truth is that I've tried keeping some sort of journal or diary or whatever for years. Now that there's something available in a medium I already gravitate toward, it's easy to make entries. The same phenomenon happened when we got our first digital camera. I probably took more photos in the first few weeks with that camera than all the photos I ever took before.
I know I'm not the most enthralling writer, but I (like most bloggers) write this more for me than anyone. I will try to make it more interesting, though. Reading about what happened this weekend is the digital version of making folks look at vacation pictures but I'm not above it and I have the pictures, too.


4 comments:
You just keep right on blogging, ChrisB! I'm, by far, the worst blogger out there, and I'm not going to stop. I even had a great idea for a new blog. The whole purpose will be to talk about what you ate on any given day, or just talk about eating. When I get back in town on Wed., I think I'll get it going, unless you want to get to it first. Name suggestion: Gastroblog.
Old Dog, Gastroblog is a great idea!
Chris B, I "blog" for the same reasons as you...plus you know, it does keep one's writing skills a little bit in tune. I do try to edit, always give it a spell check, do tense checks, etc. before posting. Usually. And I like your bloggy.
Only one complaint--I would like MORE.
Should I send you an anthrax book?
Dude, either you need to update this blog, or you've been on the longest damned lunch ever!
No anthrax books!! I'm glad YOU conquered YOUR fear - but I'm still a-feared. ;)
Post a Comment